Bali, bali, bali… what can I tell you… the emotion of returning to this island that I love so much, which was a real favorite 3 years ago, the emotion of reviewing the landscapes that have marked me like the rice terraces.
We first slept 2 nights in Ubud which is one of my favorite cities in Bali (after Canggu obviously ahah) the hotel was the most beautiful of the trip, the view on the rice fields of my room, the swimming pool in the middle of the palm trees etc, it was clearly beautiful, then, we finished the stay in Seminyak for my greatest pleasure: shopping ahah !
+ TO VISIT IN UBUD:
– The terraces of the Tengalan rice fields: we made a bike trip to get there, with the heat I must admit that it was quite difficult but we quickly forget when we find ourselves facing this sick landscape. The little something I hadn’t done and that I really liked: to get away from the tourist views and walk around the rice fields “flat” this time with our bicycles!
– Ubud market: it is a little unavoidable in Ubud, it is the cheapest market on the island, it is here that you will do the best deals
– Attend a local dance at Ubud Palace for example
– Get a massage: massages are an institution in Bali and the prices are so low that you can get a massage every day !
+ MORE TO DO IN SEMINYAK:
– Shopping: ahah Seminyak is clearly the place to shop with many brands that we don’t have in France and that are all hotter than the others: Magali Pascal, Lulu Yasmine, Mr Blonde, Palma Australia etc… Regarding prices, however, it is not here that you will do good business.
– Spend the day at the Sunday Beach Club in Uluwatu which is only 1 hour from Seminyak if traffic is good! Bali is not famous for its beaches, the sand is black and the beaches dirty enough, and Uluwatu has the most beautiful beaches on the island with turquoise water, a real paradise
– Spend the day in a pool club all day in the pool sipping your ahah cocktail like Potato Head or Mrs Sippy
+ GOOD ADDRESSES :
– Ubud: Milk and Madu, Watercress Ubud, Kismet restaurant
– Seminyak: Café Organic, Kind Community and all the addresses more unstable than the others
– Sofitel de Nusa Dua
– Local food on Jimbaran beach from seafood sins the same day at Menaga restaurant (and not get sick like me ahah)
+ WHERE TO SLEEP:
– Plataran, Ubud
– Montigo, Seminyak